Below are the types of Cause Marketing:
Rather than asking for a donation, businesses will ask if customers will volunteer their time to a certain organization.
Portion of Purchase
Businesses donate a portion of their sales to a nonprofit or cause.
Point of Sale Campaign
A donation requested at the POS by a corporation but made by the customer.
A corporate donation triggered by a consumer action (e.g. sharing a message social media, making a purchase, etc.)
Buy One Give One
Business will donate a product with comparable value to a designated product based on each sale of that product.
Businesses create a "digital experience" using social media.
Primarily for in-house use. Customers will donate and fill our their name on paper icon, which will then be hung up in the store.
TATA Tea “JAAGO RE”
• This campaign took up social activism allowing the company to connect with issues such as voter registration, corruption and women’s rights.
• Before this campaign TATA Global accounts for 18.7% of market share and ranked number 2 after HUL (21.5% market share).
• Post this campaign launch they captured the number #1 position with 22% (currently at 19%) market share.
• Once a week, a volunteer visit homes to make the villagers aware of the need to wash their hands with soap.
• Overall diarrhea incidence reduced from 36% to 5%.
• The campaign has reached out to 180 Million people.
• Why? – Diarrhea alone killed 13% of children under the age of five and as per UNICEF, 31% of children have access to basic sanitation.
Coca Cola “5BY20”
• Program to help 5 million female entrepreneurs — from fruit farmers and artisans to recyclers and retailers —become part of our value chain by 2020.
• 3.2 million women in 92 countries have started businesses as part of our 5by20 program.